OAOS Members –
Below are COVID-19 Resources specific to orthopedic practices in Oregon. Included are links to the State Executive Orders, OHA guidance, specialty-specific recommendations from AAOS, information on financial assistance for practices and more. We will continue to update this home page regularly so please continue to check back.
We know these are difficult times so please do not hesitate to reach out to our team if we can be of assistance!
Your OAOS Staff: Amanda, Sabrina and Shelley
- Executive Order 20-12: Ordering Oregonians to Stay at Home, Closing Specified Retail Businesses, Requiring Social Distancing Measures for Other Public and Private Facilities, and Imposing Requirements for Outdoor Areas and Licensed Childcare Facilities
- Executive Order 20-10: Preservation of PPE, Prohibition on Non-Emergency Medical Procedures. See OHA Guidelines on this EO here.
Other COVID-19 executive orders not directly related to healthcare can be found here: https://govstatus.egov.com/or-covid-19
Oregon Health Authority
Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS)
Oregon Office of Emergency Management
Centers for Disease Control: COVID-19 Webpage
- Advance Payments: CMS has announced the availability of advanced payments for Medicare services to help providers during this time of uncertain revenue. The advanced payment program allows eligible providers to request up to 100% of three months of Medicare payments, and will provide a period of 120 days before recoupment begins. For more details, see the CMS online fact sheet.
- Freeze on Reporting Requirements: On March 22, CMS announced it is granting exceptions from reporting requirements and extensions for clinicians and providers participating in Medicare quality reporting programs with respect to upcoming measure reporting and data submission for those programs. The action comes as part of the Trump Administration’s response to 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). View the press release here.
Relief for Private Practice
- Small Business Guide
- Telemedicine Guide
President’s Executive Orders
- Executive Order on Preventing Hoarding of Health and Medical Resources to Respond to the Spread of COVID-19 (3/23/20)
- Executive Order on Gives HHS Secretary Azar Broad Supply Chain Authority (3/18/20)
- Executive Order on Prioritizing and Allocating Health and Medical Resources to Respond to the Spread of Covid-19 (Defense Production Act summary) (3/18/20)
- 3548 Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Summary
- H.B. 6201 signed by the President (3/18/2020)
- Payment Deadline Extended to July 15, 2020
- 90-day Delay for Payment of Taxes, Filing Deadline Remains
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Fact Sheet for Employees
- Fact Sheet for Employers
- Guidance in Unemployment Insurance Flexibility during COVID-19
Small Business Administration
- Disaster Declared in Washington and Six Oregon Counties
- Disaster Declared for Curry, Jackson, Josephine, Klamath, and Lake Counties
- Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)